What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
VP, Director of Production
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
***US Remote - eastern time zone preferred***
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So, if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
As the Director of Production, you will oversee brand experience, activation & event production processes in the Boston office and ensure expectations of our clients, needs of our staff and financial requirements of the company are met. You will partner with the DOO to lead a team of staff and freelance production professionals in the development of client programs and be responsible for the fiscal health of all program deliverables and for leading the team effectively. You will use your deep experience as an executive producer to produce and supervise experiential programs.
What you’ll be doing
Client and Program Management
- Participate in the development of integrated solutions that leverage agency offerings and are mutually beneficial for the client and the agency
- In partnership with Account build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all client’s needs are heard, understood and addressed in a timely way
- Participate as experiential production expert on new business opportunities as needed, evaluating the ask, assembling a team and creating budget, scopes and schedules.
- Executive produce or supervise teams on assigned projects; billable target of 50 - 75%
- Manage internal and freelance production staff to ensure flawless execution of client deliverables
- Develop and actively manage vendor/freelance talent relationships; identify, negotiate, and book external resources as needed
- Train, manage and develop production staff to ensure office has talent required to meet changing client needs
- Deliver annual performance reviews for assigned staff to ensure clarity of goals, effectiveness of feedback and to inspire career growth
- Working with DOO, identify, set and guide consistent production processes and implement best practices ensuring delivery of high-quality services
- Work with the DOO, Resourcing Team, and Strategic Sourcing/ Procurement team to negotiate beneficial deals with external parties, freelancers and third-party suppliers
- Participate in the proposal process, reviewing budgets and providing counsel, to ensure that resources are assigned and scheduled effectively, costs are monitored, and appropriate budgets are developed
- Monitor financial accountability of the production staff including staff utilization and accurate timesheets
- Be a best-in-class partner to our Finance team to ensure ongoing processes that link our Production and Finance teams are adhered to, managed, and successfully resolved consistently and timely week to week
- Participate in creative brainstorms to generate ideas for clients when possible.
- Continually look for innovative solutions and production methods
- Ensure the integrity of the creative treatment in all deliverables in partnership with CD and EP.
- Flawless delivery of client commitments
- Ensuring consistent and cohesive process workflow across account teams / programs to enable efficient and fluid movement of onboarding and resource management
- Positive team climate that inspires others to excel and deliver
- Seen as a valuable leader of program and client teams
- Repeat business with client
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- A mix of B2B & B2C experience preferred
- 10-15 plus years of marketing/ client services experience with at least last 5 years delivering
- Deep knowledge of technology trends that impact developing and delivering content
- Experience managing and developing
- In depth knowledge of program budgeting
- Strong program management, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated production and leadership competencies: client focus, accountability for results, team leadership, developing others, attention to detail, flexibility, professional confidence, business vision and cross-organizational collaboration
- Strong familiarity and comfort with technology in general, a desire to remain informed of current trends and improvements, and the ability to communicate highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- In depth knowledge of brand positioning, industry trends and the marketplace
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work for LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role requires the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, in some instances proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required. Any employees utilizing New York or Chicago office locations must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). Therefore, if hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to a valid medical exemption, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.