What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
As a Strategy Director, you are a leader in our creative-idea-generating, strategic-thinking, client-problem-solving community, providing deep insight into internal and external factors affecting the client’s business, marketing, and overall presence. The Director’s ability to generate insights and articulate concepts and solutions in a clear and compelling way to clients will help the agency sell Jack Morton to our clients at a personal level through the quality of your thinking, presentation skills, relationship-building abilities, and passion for their brands/products and our business/vision/POV. The ideal candidate will have experience on fully integrated accounts, thriving at the intersection of digital, content, TV, social, marketing automation and CRM, experiential activation and more.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead strategy team to uncover fresh brand/product/audience insights
- Take those fresh brand/product/audience insights and work with the creative team to turn them into big ideas
- Work collaboratively with leadership and the wider creative delivery team to help keep the strategic idea on track through execution
- Establish strategic media framework and channel strategy to ensure clients’ media budgets are best deployed to meet business objectives
- Lead creation of media plans, with a special emphasis on paid search, paid social, digital and programmatic, with support from other strategists
- Oversee integrated strategy and execution, from day-to-day media buy stewardship across channels, including authorizations, specs, timelines and budgets, with a specific interest in learning all areas of marketplace - SEM/SEO, social and programmatic digital (RTB, trading desks/DSP/DMP) strategies
- Analyze campaigns and recommend tactical changes to maximize campaign performance
- Monitor industry changes and competitive landscape to help drive our strategy and execution
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, vendors, publishers to ensure an effective creation and implementation of campaigns
- Lead a portfolio of our dynamic accounts, driven by an aspiration for extraordinary work, developing brand and communications strategies that challenge the category and create growth for our clients.
- Build senior relationships and the trusted advisor to our clients, identifying the challenges, manifesting opportunities and uncovering insights that will drive success.
- Play an active role in new business pitches and stand up presentations
Strategy Team/Culture Leadership
- Drive breakthrough work and lead creative briefings — from overarching campaign development to individual initiatives — that lead to breakthrough work in the category and industry. Understand the art of insight identification, close collaboration with creative teams and consumer behavior change.
- Champion integrated efficacy by developing campaign ecosystems that maximize the results of individual channels and ensure that the sum is greater than the parts. Collaborate across departments to ensure that best practices are implemented and a learning agenda provides ongoing optimization opportunities. Partner with clients to present results in a compelling way that reinforces the value of the work.
- Mentor and oversee strategists, providing thought partnership, work reviews, career coaching and skills development. Partner with strategy team colleagues to maintain strategic consistency and efficiency across portfolios of work.
- Bring passion for creative strategic thinking and on-strategy creative delivery to the strategy team and the wider agency every day
- Foster a culture of strategic thinking within the agency
- Coordinate with our nationwide (and global) strategy teams to share ideas, knowledge and resources
For this role you will need
- Roughly 10+ years into your creative career at an agency that plays in the brand experience, integrated marketing or performance/data-driven marketing space
- Coming from a background that might include being head of strategy at a progressive brand/digital/media/non-traditional agency, or possibly a very progressive advertising agency
- Able to define how to identify our clients problems in a strategic manner whether it be research, valuation and business case development, organizational design, or process optimization
- Absolutely passionate about brands and businesses and the way they need to communicate with the people that matter most to them
- As brilliant at working alone (self-motivated) as you are as part of a team (the motivator)
- An active participant in industry groups and a writer of thought leadership
- Someone who embodies Jack Morton’s values of passion, agility, respect and inclusion
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role requires the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or rigorous testing. Any employees utilizing New York or Chicago office locations must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). Therefore, if hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.