What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
You are a razor-sharp Strategist for our Boston office with a background that includes communications strategy, brand planning, digital and analytics who is ready to take ownership of client deliverables and relationships as part of broader integrated account teams. You will work in a client-facing role across accounts and new business to generate deliverables including: research briefings/insights, creative and strategic briefs, comms and go-to-market plans, strategic point of view documents (POVs) and measurement plans/reports.
You will also collaborate closely with the account and creative teams to deliver effective, strategic solutions to grow our clients’ business and the agency’s business. Ideally, you will have expert presentation and writing skills and the ability to work independently. It is also expected that you be able to review work of and develop more junior strategists within the department.
You should have experience in and a desire to work across the agency’s offerings: promotional/integrated (campaign) marketing; digital/social/mobile; employee engagement; sponsorship marketing; retail experience; and event marketing.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the trusted advisor to our clients, identifying the challenges, manifesting opportunities and uncovering insights that will drive success.
- Collaborate with creative, account, technology and production teams to ensure strategic delivery of agency services and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate a clear, sophisticated understanding of client organizations and how to sell extraordinary work within them and grow relationships.
- Command a presence with senior clients, successfully influencing them to think big.
Strategic & Analytics Guidance
- Lead strategic design from both quantitative and qualitative approaches to drive a creative foundation, big ideas and brand growth.
- Lead creative briefings — from overarching campaign development to individual initiatives — that lead to breakthrough work in the category and industry. Understand the art of insight identification, close collaboration with creative teams and consumer behavior change.
- Deliver assigned strategy deliverables (i.e. presentations, research reports, creative briefs, point of view documents, measurement reports, etc.) independently.
- Develop campaign ecosystems that maximize the results of individual channels and ensure that the sum is greater than the parts. Collaborate across departments to ensure that best practices are implemented and provide ongoing optimization opportunities. Partner with clients to present results in a compelling way that reinforces the value of the work.
- Provide sought-after expertise in some of the following areas: digital, social media, CRM, mobile, technology, user experience, search, media planning/buying and measurement/analytics.
- Enhance Jack’s thought capital by participating in the agency blog, assisting in POV’s for client work, collaborating with marketing.
- Serve as a thought leader on agency offerings and best practices, growing the agency’s expertise and services across offerings: promotional marketing; digital/social/mobile; employee engagement; sponsorship marketing; retail experience; and event marketing.
- Drive organic growth of existing accounts and acquisition of new business through pitches.
- Oversee strategists, providing thought partnership, work reviews, career coaching and skills development. Partner with strategy team colleagues to maintain strategic consistency and efficiency across portfolios of work.
- Participate in the hiring of new team members to build the strategy teams capabilities
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- 6+ years in a strategic role providing services within a marketing/ad agency, digital agency or relevant consulting firm. Digital and analytics experience is a plus.
- Experience leading day-to-day strategy on key client accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, advertising or relevant liberal arts discipline. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Strong verbal presentation/storytelling skills, superior writing skills and excellent interpersonal relationship building skills. Presentation building/design skills are a plus.
- Experience in research/analysis, digital, social and measurement/analytics service offerings within a marketing organization.
- Experience with some or all of the following is preferred: research tools (i.e. MRI, Forrester, Mintel), web analytics packages (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst / Omniture, Webtrends) and social media management (i.e. Radian6, Sysomos, Sprinklr).
- Demonstration of key competencies: accountability for business results, client focus, team effectiveness, developing others and creative thinking.
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role requires the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or rigorous testing. Any employees utilizing New York or Chicago office locations must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). Therefore, if hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.