What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re listening.
Latest jobs at Jack
Finance Business Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
Finance Business Manager
This is a highly commercial role that also includes responsibility for the preparation of the monthly Management Accounts, all associated monthly Financial Reporting, annual Statutory Accounts, Sarbanes Oxley Controls Review & Maintenance and all other Statutory Compliance requirements for Jack Morton UK office.
- Pricing – assist in determining appropriate pricing strategy for Projects i.e. Day rates, cost plus, Fixed Fees;
- Assist with the review of Client and Supplier contracts and liaise with DXTRA/IPG legal for advice where necessary in order to mitigate JM risk;
- Partner with project teams to help negotiate pricing and contracts. This may involve attending meetings with Clients, Client’s procurement team and also Key JM Suppliers;
- Procurement – ensure that IPG policies are adhered to. In addition, review supplier spends and propose suggestions to reduce project third party costs;
- Assist project teams on operation setup for foreign projects. This will include any tax considerations affecting receipt of Client funds, staffing structure, funds transfers between UK and foreign country, sourcing and paying suppliers etc.;
- Foreign Currency – assist in managing JM currency exposure;
- Manage Jack Morton's G&A by ensuring key G&A components are being effectively managed by budget holders;
- Prepare forecast cash flow as required;
Financial and Statutory Reporting
- Assist the Shared Service team prepare the Monthly Management Accounts in SAP and all necessary close documentation
- Work closely with Project Accounting Manager to monitor and manage revenue recognition on projects.
- Prepare monthly Senior Leadership Pack summarizing revenue forecasts, utilization etc.
- Prepare Monthly Account Reconciliation analysis using bespoke excel templates
- Prepare supporting schedules into Hyperion Reporting Package on a monthly basis
- Prepare Quarterly and Annual Budget P&L Forecasting
- Prepare fortnightly P& L Flash results report
- Assist with quarterly and annual Group Corporation tax pack preparation
- Prepare and Manage all UK and Foreign VAT returns and EU Refund claims
- Prepare NSO Reports
- Assist with update Sarbanes Oxley process control narratives annually
- Implement Sarbanes Oxley Remediation Controls as required
- Plan and co-ordinate a fixed asset physical inventory and costing.
- Recommend cost savings and other efficiency strategies to help drive profitable growth
- Prepare monthly procurement summary
- Manage the Project Accounting, Accounts Payable and Expenses teams
- Ensure that Supplier invoices are reviewed, approved, GRNd scanned and sent to the Omaha Shared Services centre for processing on a timely basis
- Ensure that Company Credit card expenditure and Float/Advances are reviewed and processed on a timely basis
- Ensure Petty Cash is properly accounted for, counted and reconciled every two weeks
- Implement any process changes as deemed necessary for objectives to be attained whilst complying with Sarbanes Oxley control requirements
- Assist EMEA Finance Director on all Jack Morton EMEA office setup and commercial offerings.
- Maintain the Project Revenue Margin Reports and attend weekly meetings with the Managing Director to review the reports.
- Prepare and Maintain Annual Competitor Analysis Report
- Perform any other Commercial adhoc projects – Client Profitability etc.
- Assist the Project Accounting Manager with the reconciliation of projects
- Involvement in 'other' general project administrative tasks
- Approve Purchase Orders & Purchase Invoice variances on a daily basis
- Approve Per Diems claims on a daily basis
- Identify VAT treatment on projects and mitigate VAT risk
- Participate in Client and Supplier meetings
- Assist with the SAP Accounting & PROCIM (budgetting system) Costing functionality issues
- Work with department heads to identify value added enhancements to PROCIM and manage costing and implementation of enhancements.
- Enthusiastic with drive and energy to motivate a team and create an effective and efficient team
- Strong interpersonal skills as there will be extensive liaison with key senior operational staff
- Systems integration and SAP experience is also desirable
- All round financial back ground (ACA/CIMA/ACCA accounting qualifications).
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in an advertising/media corporate environment with centralized Shared Service Hubs.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict time lines.
- Must have used SAP – contract management, reporting etc.
- Skill of being tactful, tough and getting the job done with help from others.
- Good team player with excellent organisational skills.
- Exposure to previous project related environment an advantage.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.