What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re listening.
Latest jobs at Jack
Group Strategy Director
San Francisco, California, United States
We believe in experience brands
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for innovative brand experiences, big brand acts and Emmy-award winning broadcast and set design. Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
The Group Strategy Director is a leader in our creative-idea-generating, strategic-thinking, problem-solving community. You lead a team, help to drive our business, and are actively in the work.
You’ll provide deep insight, and sparks of inspiration. You’re one-part business consultant, one-part creative strategist, and always a partner to the creative, production and account colleagues to deliver extraordinary experiences for our clients. You communicate, collaborate, and create; you’re a leader, a provocateur, and a problem solver; and you’ll sell in, you’ll build relationships, you’ll win.
We love what we do. We believe that truly strategic and creative work can solve business challenges and transform brands. But we also know that, especially today, talk is cheap (and consumers don’t trust it). Which is why the most powerful brands in the 21st century are experience brands.
We are looking for someone who will geek out with us and help us do something extraordinary.
Who you are:
- A passionate leader and client partner, who brings strategic thinking and a bias towards action
- Can synthesize complexity, crystalize ideas, and communicate it out with style
- A collaborator, who ideates with others, is a master of “yes, and…”, and makes others better
- As comfortable talking with the intern as with the CMO, and impresses both
- A mentor and a leader, a coach and a champion, helping strategists grow, and strategy thrive
- Able to roll-up your sleeves and be the lead strategist on projects, on accounts, and across new business
- Able to define how to identify our clients’ problems in a strategic manner whether it be research, valuation and business case development, organizational design, or process optimization
- Likes unearthing data to inform insights and direction; is comfortable with qual & quant data and analysis, and with developing measurement platforms to track client successes
- Knows the experiential space, and has a POV on how you engage
- Excited to join Jack’s global strategy community to share ideas, knowledge and resources
- Tracks emails, slacks and IMs, meets deadlines, works hard and has a life outside these walls
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might also help if…
- At least 10 years into your creative career at an agency that plays in the brand experience space
- Proven track record solving problems and delivering creatively strategic, insightful solutions for a variety of clients
- Demonstrated talent at mentoring, managing and leading individuals and teams
- As brilliant at working alone (self-motivated) as you are as part of a team (the motivator)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presentation expertise
- A believer in collaboration, in seeing the work through, and making the work and others shine
- Someone who embodies Jack Morton’s values of passion, agility, respect and inclusion
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.