What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re listening.
Latest jobs at Jack
Human Resource Business Partner
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
How you’ll contribute
Having excellent business partner skills is critical as we work together with Senior Leaders and managers to ensure that everyone has the guidance and competencies required to succeed in a high performing organization. The HR Business Partner is a trusted advisor to Senior Leadership Team (SLT), managers, and employees in all HR functions, including employee relations, compensation, staff development, supporting recruiting and onboarding, and other HR initiatives.
You will report to the VP, HR Director with a dotted line to the Managing Director, Boston.
What you'll be doing
- As a member of the leadership team, recommend and implement HR initiatives that will assist the team in meeting annual revenue and profit growth goals
- Serve as the primary HR point of contact for all employees under the Boston umbrella
- Develop relationships with SLT members and serve as a strategic partner and advisor across a multitude of HR topics
- Assist with delivery of Quarterly Financial Reviews, and Annual Talent Reviews
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers on recruitment strategy and serving as a member of the interview team as required
- Partner with the hiring manager to ensure that every employee has a thoughtful and inclusive new hire onboarding, and exit process
- Lead the performance review and compensation process ensuring fair and competitive pay practices that reflect individual contributions to the organization
- Coach managers in making promotions and pay decisions for employees
- Manage the annual bonus and merit increase process ensuring internally equitable and externally competitive pay levels for staff
- Advise and coach managers and supervisors in employee relations, performance management, and engagement practices and strategies
- Respond to employee complaints and concerns; conduct internal investigations, while ensuring compliance with applicable Company policy and federal, state, and local statutes
- Partner with HR leadership and business partners on broader agency priorities and initiatives (diversity, work-life balance, implementation of a mentoring program, summer internship program etc.)
- Identify and drive the programs the result in successful HR metrics: turnover, training & performance management annual results
- Develop employees' abilities and capabilities so they can grow and see a long term future with the company through mentoring, training and performance management
- Assume responsibility for company-wide HR initiatives that support our strategic objectives to lead the industry and grow talent
- Be a champion and advocate of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all the ways we operate
For this role you will need
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience (2-3 yrs. experience supporting Senior Leaders; A minimum of 2-3 yrs. in a HR generalist or similar role)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong understanding and knowledge of employment law, both state and federal, including but not limited to: ADAAA, FMLA, EEO, FLSA
- Ability to work independently, completing a heavy workload within established timeframes
- Ability to analyze and navigate complex and ambiguous situations
- Proven ability to provide solutions to challenging employee issues and situations, while promoting a productive and respectful work environment
- Ability to establish relationships while maintaining a neutral and unbiased stance
- Ability to use sound judgment, use discretion and escalate issues when appropriate
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- We value passion, agility and respect and want whoever joins our team to live these values every day
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.