Latest jobs at Jack
Senior Production Designer
New York, New York, United States
**NY area preferred but will consider US remote; must be willing to travel to client studio**
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for innovative brand experiences, big brand acts and Emmy-award winning broadcast and set design. Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you too.
Come join an Emmy award winning team with numerous high-profile clients to design and deliver ‘best in class’ scenic design. We are seeking a senior-level set designer who can join our team and contribute to the wider creative community.
As the Senior Production Designer (internal title: Senior Designer), you will lead the design process by supporting creative and strategy, delivering extraordinary winning creative solutions and creating design deliverables in line with the program objectives.
What you’ll be doing
- Solve client marketing and communication challenges through innovative and targeted design
- Lead the development of creative design solutions that are mutually beneficial for the client and the agency
- Develop design solutions that are unique to the organization and industry
- Ensure consistency of brand across all touch points and deliverables
- Lead the concept development and design for multiple programs simultaneously
- Assist in the development of proposals for new business opportunities
- Work with lead illustrator to communicate the design concept and/or develop design concept through illustration process
- Work with Project Manager to ensure that programs are tracking against deliverables, within budget and properly staffed
- Drive continuous process improvement to discover efficiencies and make recommendations within the department
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all client needs are heard, understood and addressed in a timely way.
- Clearly articulate creative concepts/ideas to colleagues and clients
- Understand clients by monitoring business issues, cultural events and trends that affect our clients’ audiences
- Coach Jr. designers & designers on developing and advancing design quality, conceptualization and other relevant skills
What you bring
- You provide effective creative and conceptual thinking
- Pull concepts through design and execution of work
- You are self-driven and can manage your own work
- Ability to design within established budget and space parameters
- Ability to sell/promote and defend your designs
- You work with ALL vendors and partners to successfully bring designs to life
- You can manage a team to successfully execute a project
- You also can work with senior design leadership across all assignments
- Ability to create budgets with the producers and oversee all facets of a production.
- You can interpret client needs and appropriately push their thinking, in order to deliver winning designs
- You demonstrate flexibility and agility, in order to adapt to dynamic environment
- Strong client skills, with an ability to engage with clients in a friendly, reassuring manner and discern their goals and needs.
- Strong team player with an ability to work well within a collaborative environment of designers, illustrators, project managers, drafters, etc. to advance project goals
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if you have…
- 5+ years broadcast design experience & 3+ years of experience in experiential design; if you have less experience, we still encourage you to apply
- Experience designing TV broadcast sets from design to seeing it on camera
- Vectorworks, Photoshop, Excel and Word. 3D software experience a plus
- Knowledge of cameras and lighting and how they affect the overall look of a design
- Knowledge of spatial, architectural and proportion parameters
- Knowledge of the latest technology and how it integrates with architecture and scenery
- Well-versed in leading designers, architects and industry trends
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.