Latest jobs at Jack
Detroit, Michigan, United States
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for managing program/project finance/accounting functions for internal and external clients. The role is responsible for maintaining, adhering to, and complying with the program budget and client requirements throughout the project(s).
Here's the job:
Client Accounting Coordination:
- Accurate and timely client invoicing, including assembling all supporting documentation (customized by client group)
- Research and respond to client or account team invoicing questions and concerns
- Review/audit vendor invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance standards are met and coordinate with Production Services department as necessary
- Record vendor invoices and troubleshoot issues, communicating to appropriate team members to ensure efficient resolution
- Generate daily report of vendor invoices that have been approved and are ready for payment processing
- Monitor Corporate Travel & Expense inbox for pending or rejected employee expense reports
- Audit employee expense reports for compliance of the Jack Morton and client travel policies
- Identify and follow up with employee regarding expenditures that are inconsistent with Jack Morton and/or client travel policies before routing to DXTRA (Shared Services) for payment through our accounting system
- Record employee expense reports in the front-end system in an accurate and timely manner and communicate through the system any issues pertaining to the project budget or service
- Interface with several client specific billing systems
- Manage project finance/accounting functions in applicable systems including: job setup, updates, budget, and billing schedules
- Reconcile jobs in various systems through a detailed report including all vendor invoices, purchase orders, project expenses, employee expenses
- Provide status updates to manager for open jobs (as assigned) related to DXTRA’s 90-day job closing report
- Create, implement, and distribute any necessary financial reporting that coordinates with appropriate team(s) (as assigned)
- Monitor vendor email accounts, including ensuring that all vendor inquiries are responded to in a prompt and professional manner
How you can support our culture:
- You enjoy and succeed at working well with others, but also have the ability to establish priorities and work independently
- You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively supports and engages in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
What we require:
- 2 - 5 years project finance/accounting experience with a focus on customer invoicing
- Experience with finance/accounting systems; SAP experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel – formulas, formatting required
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to accurately manage a high volume of transactions on a daily basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide courteous support to many internal and external clients
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and able to work under pressure from numerous deadlines and competing priorities
- Must be team oriented, have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and the ability to embrace change
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.