Latest jobs at Jack
Director of Operations
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Jack Morton, Chicago is looking for a Director of Operations to join our growing team!
The Director of Operations is an integral member of our Chicago leadership team and partners with the Managing Director to build and implement the strategic vision of the operation. You will be responsible for the day to day operation of the business with a focus on extraordinary client delivery, being an insight and ideas-led organization, effective team structure and staff needs, financial success and talent development.
- Partner with the Managing Director and department leads to maximize business performance and promote the Jack values of passion, respect and agility and our culture of collaboration, creativity, inclusion and excellence.
- Ensure holistic integration between account, creative, creative strategy and production teams in order to enable the delivery of high-impact ideas and results
- Is proactive in looking at the structure of our business and the resources we have, and brings ideas and thoughts forward on how to improve our business and meet the goals we have set for the operation
- Partners with department leads to refine and improve work process, and be accessible and available to listen and problem solve with all teams
- Ensures project teams utilize and collaborate with other organizational resources including but not limited to procurement expertise, Genuine or other digital resources, Jack X innovation practice and other internal resources on projects as appropriate
Client Relationship Management
- Support account and production teams in building and maintaining effective client relationships, ensuring that all client’s needs are heard, understood and addressed in a timely way
- Serves as client relationship sponsor for select client engagements
Insight & Ideas Led
- Ensure that Strategy and Creative is embedded into all client work from initial commencement
- Champion a culture and process that pushes us to award winning work
- Plays a leadership role in ensuring financial success for the operation including the realization of revenue and profit goals
- Partners with Finance Director and Department leads to monitor and control staff and other project related costs while ensuring optimal resource utilization and appropriate freelance costs
- Marshalls appropriate resources for new business pitches that yield high conversion
- Support organic and new growth efforts by assessing viability of new business opportunities, participating in new business pitches and ensuring resources are available to effectively respond to new opportunities
- Participate in new business pitches
- Partners with office leadership to attract, retain and motivate the talent necessary to meet current and future forward plan requirements
- Develops employees' capabilities ensuring growth and encouraging a long-term future with the company
- Ensures ongoing team-building to build a strong sense of community and collaboration
- Inspires commitment, loyalty, pride, and spirit in the organization, making Jack Morton a great place to work
- Be a champion and advocate of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all the ways we behave and operate
- At least fifteen (15) years of agency experience with a clear growth progression in responsibility and leadership
- Proven success in driving team effectiveness and business results
- Strong leadership skills and competencies: business vision, creative thinking, accountability for results, client focus, developing others, team leadership, cross-organization collaboration
About Jack Morton
We believe in Experience Brands.
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for brand experiences, brand acts, integrated marketing, digital transformation, sponsorship marketing and employee experience. We also have expertise with trade shows & exhibits and broadcast design. Yep, we’re multi-channel, multi-discipline and just plain multi-talented.
Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you, too.
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.