Latest jobs at Jack
HR Business Partner
San Francisco, California, United States
We believe in experience brands
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for innovative brand experiences, big brand acts and Emmy-award winning broadcast and set design. Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
Having great business partner skills is key as we work together with managers to ensure that everyone has the guidance and competencies required to succeed in a high performing organization. You will be a trusted advisor to managers and employees in all HR functions including recruiting and on-boarding, employee relations, compensation, staff development, and other HR initiatives. You ideally have worked in an advertising or experiential agency before, but it's not required.
You will report to our Global Talent and Inclusion Officer with a dotted line to the Managing Director, West Coast.
What you’ll be doing
- Serve as the primary HR point of contact for all employees and managers
- Develop relationships and build trust with managers and serve as a strategic partner and advisor across a multitude of HR topics
- Support the Senior Leadership Team by advising, coaching and recommending solutions across a variety of needs and asks
- In partnership with the Talent Acquisition team, interview, extend and negotiate offers to bring in the talent needed to fuel organizational growth
- Independently develop approaches to address a variety of employee relations issues and seek advice from HR leadership in complex cases. Know when to escalate
- Identify and lead employee initiatives to meet HR goals or enhance workplace climate (diversity, work-life balance, implementation of a mentoring program, summer internship program, etc.)
- Partner with the hiring manager to ensure that every employee has a thoughtful and inclusive new hire onboarding, and exit process
- Coach managers in making promotions and pay decision for staff
- Manage the annual bonus and merit increase process ensuring internally equitable and externally competitive pay levels for staff
- Ensure accurate processing of annual and off-cycle pay decisions
- Lead development of new HR offerings paying attention to culture and employee experience, engagement
- Coach managers and staff in completing the performance management process to ensure annual feedback is provided to every employee
- Assist with delivery of Annual Talent Reviews
- Manage performance plans and development plans for staff
- Identify and drive the programs that result in successful HR metrics: turnover, training & performance management annual results
- Be a champion and advocate of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all the ways we operate
For this role you will need
- A strong HR Generalist, HRBP background with at least 3-5 yrs. experience
- Passion for HR and Employee Experience
- Experience working in a creative work environment preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Proven ability to provide solutions to challenging employee issues and situations, while promoting a productive and respectful work environment
- Ability to establish relationships while maintaining a neutral and unbiased stance
- Ability to use sound judgment, use discretion and escalate issues when appropriate
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- We value passion, agility and respect and want whoever joins our team to live these values every day
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.