Latest jobs at Jack
Senior Director - Brand Partnerships & Strategy
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We’re looking for a Senior Director to join the Brand Partnerships & Strategy team focusing on sports, music and lifestyle sponsorship consultation. Experience in gaming and esports is preferred, but not required. The Senior Director is a leader in the sponsorship industry. This is a client-facing role responsible for building, maintaining and expanding client relationships to facilitate delivery of sponsorship services and drive agency growth. The role will be responsible for providing strategic insight, evaluation, planning and solutions to a major beverage client as well as day-to-day sponsorship support. The Senior Director will regularly liaise with analytics, evaluations, strategy, account, creative and production teams internally. The role offers a chance to work with a Fortune 500 client, work with major sports and entertainment properties & talent, influence experiences, and grow our brand partnerships and strategy team within Jack. This role will report to SVP, Brand Partnerships and Strategy and will be responsible for direction and management of up to four junior team members.
This role is responsible for leading the strategic development of sponsorship planning across major beverage client brands and developing strategies grounded in audience insights, go-to-market priorities, goals and objectives (providing strategic insight, evaluation, negotiation strategy, planning and solutions to our major beverage company client as well as day-to-day sponsorship support).
The Senior Director will:
- oversee day-to-day client service, relationship development and sponsorship coordination across major sports, entertainment, media, venue and talent properties; develop negotiation strategies in consultation with client stakeholders and lead negotiation process (overseeing property assessments, including strategic filters, evaluations, asset optimization, audience insights and contract review);
- oversee collection and management of third-party sponsorship proposals, contracts and assets;
- manage related communications and workstreams between analytics, evaluations, strategy, account, creative and production teams internally;
- establish strategic filters for sponsorships based around audience insights, go-to-market brand priorities, key geography and competitive dynamics;
- provide guidance on development of brand experience planning that establishes differentiated brand opportunities in the sponsorships and experiential marketing landscape for portfolio of client brands;
- demonstrate and exercise knowledge of project management process;
- manage execution of recap decks for each program while evaluating data and metrics for key client takeaways to build upon the existing client relationship and future opportunities;
- build and manage detailed project tracking tools that serve as both a road map for client reporting and internal organization;
- manage client and partner relationships to ensure client is fully leveraging all benefits and assets;
- serve as partnership SME within client IAT, providing guidance on best practices, rules, guidelines and proper engagement across properties and partners – both internally and within client’s larger integrated agency team;
- head agency’s ongoing delivery of thought leadership in sponsorship to client in order to inform optimization of existing programs and consideration of new opportunities;
- maintain and grow relationships with properties, talent and clients, managing relationships and engaging in constant communication with multiple stakeholders to ensure successful execution and identify opportunities for growth;
- manage team and provide performance feedback;
- working with SVP in this group, negotiate client scope, timeline and pricing;
- understand financial and operational performance of account to ensure quality work, deadline and budget adherence;
- understand company capabilities and service, and effectively communicate all offerings to client;
- responsible to ensure client renewal and year-over-year program growth; and,
- commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue goals;
- demonstrate an understanding of the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, and actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
HOW YOU WILL SUPPORT OUR CULTURE:
- You are a thinker, a doer and a hustler
- You are a team player with a high level of personal accountability
- You have a hunger for strategic challenges and can help both frame business problems and develop a plan for solving them
- You enjoy and succeed at working well with others, but also have the ability to establish priorities and work independently
- You are driven to deliver our client’s success, but you look to achieve this through true collaboration and partnership with both internal and external partners
- You support and contribute to a positive, productive and fun cultural environment
- You push to sharpen the work (but you do it with a smile and collaborative spirit)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a client service and sponsorship-oriented role, including sponsorship strategy and negotiation
- You must have experience, relationships and a genuine interest in sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing, including a strong knowledge across the sports and entertainment property & talent landscape
- Measurement and analytics experience as applied to sponsorship programs
- Expertly engaging written and verbal communication skills
- Experience across digital content, social media, experiential marketing and communications
- Knowledge and past experience working with an alcohol brand is a plus
- Experience in gaming and esports is preferred
- Must be able to create and present strategic point-of-view to senior and executive level agency and client teams
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as lead, inspire and manage team
- Our team is currently working remotely, but this role will be based in Chicago
- Ability to travel (including select weekends) and work non-traditional hours as needed due to client/event demands – this is not a 9 to 5 role
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.