Latest jobs at Jack
San Francisco, California, United States
We believe in experience brands
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
We’re an award-winning global brand experience agency, with 80 years in the industry, who believes that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for brand experiences, brand acts, integrated marketing, digital transformation, sponsorship marketing and employee experience. We also have expertise with trade shows & exhibits and broadcast design. Yep, we’re multi-channel, multi-discipline and just plain multi-talented.
Working alongside great brands worldwide, we’re committed to doing something extraordinary every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
You are a passionate and thoughtful Account Director for our creative-idea-generating, strategic-thinking, client-problem-solving community, giving a voice for our client’s business, marketing, and overall presence. You will help the agency evangelize Jack Morton to our clients at a personal level through the quality of your thinking, presentation skills, relationship-building abilities, and passion for their brands/products and our business/vision/POV.
Most importantly you are YOU, and we would have it no other way.
What you’ll be doing as an Account Director
- You understand clients’ business and business issues and serve as a trusted advisor to drive extraordinary solutions
- Collaborate with your team to ensure that the work solves our clients’ needs
- You’ll get to contribute new ideas in creative brainstorms to generate ideas for clients, represent client interests and clearly communicate to internal team
- Be an advocate of extraordinary work – by providing inspiration, leadership and expertise in the agency’s offerings
- You’ll grow client revenue with your relationship building skills and oversee client profitability
- Lead new business opportunities through internal process: qualifying opportunities, oversee pitch process, and own deliverables (RFP or pitch deck)
- Identify internal partnership opportunities within Jack, CMG or IPG network and manage partner deliverables
- Because we all love to see how we’re doing, you’ll partner with Brand Marketing to develop Award submissions and Case Studies
- You will lead regular team meetings and manage communications between team members, ensuring all deadlines are met while tending to the growth of your teammates
- Coach and oversee junior team members by providing stimulating assignments and ongoing constructive feedback
- Responsible for effective staff management including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the development of a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and innovative work environment that promotes creativity and innovation
The Abilities you’ll need to flex
- Sales Drive: Acts for the long-term where applicable. Endures despite challenges given potential long-term payoff. Develops a number of relationships within a client organization as possible to foster partnership. Works in a time frame of 9 months to more than a year
- Organizational Sophistication: Understands group dynamics underlying client and colleague behavior. Uses Broader Understanding of Organizational Structure and Culture: Understands the organizational structure, its relevant power bases and decision making processes.
- Influencing Others: Works with others to influence the outcome of an event. Employs chains of indirect influence (e.g., “Get A to influence B so B will persuade C.”). Uses more than one method to influence and adapts each method to the audience and context. Open to alternative opinions and able to modify an agenda based on the situation.
The Skills you’ll need to succeed
- Inspire and drive a spirit of teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate and resolve team challenges
- Facilitate collaboration among internal and client teams
- Effectively present to diverse groups of varying size
- Clearly communicate understanding of client objective and goals to internal teams
- Create and communicate a cohesive plan or strategy
- Drive and influence conversations
- Proven success as a trusted advisor to the client
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise and industry knowledge
- Exhibits deep knowledge of client marketing and business objectives
- Can solve complex problems or issues independently and expeditiously
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.