Latest jobs at Jack
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Jack Morton Chicago is looking for a Resource Manager, who will act as a crucial conduit of information between account, production and creative departments.
The ideal candidate will be left brain / right brain balanced. An appreciation and understanding for the creative process and the flexibility it requires to deliver award-winning work is vital. At the same time, they’ll need to be aware of the schedule and budget of each project (that are prepared by the producers) and keep all parties informed on how actuals are tracking – raising the flag where necessary and keeping our creatives on schedule and always busy.
They’ll own the planning document that allocates resource to projects, and present potential resource configurations based on requirements and availability to the leadership teams to support them in making choices on casting projects
At the same time, they’ll need to look after our freelancers. Those that are in the building need help on the basics such as ‘where do I do my timesheets?’ and other day-to-day questions. We also need to grow our pool of talent, so outreach and getting exciting people in the building will be a key and ongoing responsibility. They’ll manage the rolodex of people we have available and when a requirement comes up for freelance resource, respond to that brief with a shortlist of candidates.
The Creative Resource Manager will report to the Executive Creative Director with a dotted line into the Director of Production – representing that left brain / right brain requirement of the role and the unique position between departments.
This is a new role in the Jack Chicago office, and therefore prior experience as well as a proactive approach with the confidence to suggest, test and implement systems will be important.
- Be the conduit of information between account, production and creative.
- Lead meetings relating to resource managements.
- Oversight of all projects in the building, using documentation provided by the production team to stay up to date on each project schedule, resource plan and budget.
- Help us deliver extraordinary creative work, whilst balancing the need to work with agreed budget and time parameters. Raise the flag when the balance is off.
- Source the best freelancers available for a given position, balancing the needs of the role, team dynamics and budget considerations.
- Ensure freelancers have a positive experience at Jack, streamlined to allow them to do a great job with minimum administrative delay whilst completing all necessary paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Present options for resource configurations and casting to the Executive Creative Director – the final decision rests with the ECD.
- Provide consultative guidance for project teams when developing project plans and approach. This may include talent recommendations, guidance on hours needed to complete the project, and provides proactive solutions for delivering client and pitch work.
- Proactively manage team bandwidth tracking hours per week, week over week, and throughout the year. Flag and provide solutions when bandwidth exceeds reasonable expectations.
- Maintain and update project tracking system and review weekly with the creative, account, and production teams.
- Manage freelancer rolodex and grow it consistently – we want a revolving door of amazing people to meet! Develop our ‘bench’ of talent across all creative and production disciplines.
- Responsible. This role occupies a vital place in the agency. The right person will increase our creative output and help us become more profitable.
- Plate-spinner. Those only able to do one thing at once need not apply!
- Left brain / Right brain. Support the creative team and give them what they need to succeed, but a creative only mindset will not succeed in helping us meet the budget and schedule. We need someone balanced in the middle.
- Microsoft Excel. The role requires strong Excel skills as this is currently how we manage our resourcing.
- Leading meetings with project teams, speaking to creatives about their work, informing the senior leadership team of status and so on. Strong email communication skills will also be key.
- We try to know what’s coming, but there are always surprises. A can-do attitude in these tight timeframes is vital.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in a related field. Direct experience is most desirable, but a successful application could come from someone with project management, production or resource management backgrounds.
- Experiential marketing experience will be an advantage, but not essential.
- College degree preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.