What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
SVP, Brand Partnerships & Strategy
Chicago, Illinois, United States
**Chicago preferred, open to US Remote - Central or Eastern Time Zone**
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So, if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
You're here to lead our Brand Partnerships and Strategy team in the strategic development and delivery of sponsorship consulting. The SVP is a leader in the sponsorship industry. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building, maintaining and expanding client relationships to facilitate delivery of sponsorship services and drive agency growth. You will lead the team in providing strategic insight, evaluation, planning and solutions to our clients.This opportunity offers you a chance to work with Fortune 500 clients, work with major sports and entertainment talent/properties, influence experiences, and grow our emerging Sponsorship practice at Jack.
Most importantly you are YOU, and we would have it no other way.
What you’ll be doing
- Strategic Client Oversight and Growth:
- Guide the development of brand experience planning that establishes differentiated brand opportunities in the sponsorships and partnership marketing landscape for portfolio of client brands
- Serve as sponsorship SME providing guidance on best practices, rules, guidelines and proper engagement across properties and partners – both internally and within client’s larger integrated agency team
- Understand agency capabilities and services, and effectively communicate all offerings to client
- Oversee Directors in the day-to-day management of client’s property/talent partnerships, assets, and relationships
- Guide the development of strategic thinking and recommendations to client ensuring strategies are grounded in audience insights and go-to-market priorities, goals, and objectives.
- Negotiate partnerships on behalf of clients in order to deliver partnership agreements that meet client strategy goals and provide fair value for their marketing investment
- Oversee financial and operational performance of client accounts to ensure quality work, deadline and budget adherence, and negotiate client scopes, timeline and pricing
- Manage client and partner relationships to ensure client is fully leveraging all benefits and assets
- Guide ongoing delivery to client with the goal of informing optimization of existing programs and consideration of new opportunities
- Accountable for overall client satisfaction, renewal and YOY program growth
- Research & Analysis:
- Drive research and strategy work to develop negotiation strategies for key partnerships in consultation with client stakeholders and support partnership negotiation process
- Provide strategic overview and point-of-view across new sport/entertainment properties and opportunities
- Monitor media/culture trends and sports + entertainment landscape to provide thought leadership to internal teams and clients on a regular basis
- Utilize insights to develop new ideas and differentiated brand opportunities in the sponsorship and experiential marketing landscape
- Team Leadership and Collaboration:
- Set standards for the department
- Actively facilitate brainstorming and idea generation sessions with cross-functional teams, both internally and externally with clients
- Manage and develop a hybrid team mostly based in Chicago
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- You have around 12-15 years of experience in a client service and sponsorship-oriented role, including sponsorship strategy and negotiation
- Experience, relationships and a genuine interest in sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing, including a strong knowledge across the sports and entertainment property & talent landscape
- Measurement and analytics experience as applied to sponsorship programs
- Track record in growing relationships
- Experience across digital content, social media, experiential marketing and communications
- Knowledge and past experience working with an alcohol brand is a plus
- Must be able to create and present strategic point-of-view to senior and executive level agency and client teams
- Experience in gaming and esports is a big plus
- Ability to travel (including select weekends) and work non-traditional hours as needed due to client/event demands
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role requires the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or rigorous testing. Any employees utilizing New York or Chicago office locations must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). Therefore, if hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.