What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
New York, New York, United States
***US Remote - on-site/hybrid preferred***
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So, if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
You are a Resource Manager, who will act as a crucial conduit of information between account, production, strategy and creative departments.
You are left brain / right brain balanced and have an appreciation and understanding for the creative process and the flexibility it requires to deliver award-winning work. At the same time, you’ll need to be aware of the schedule and budget of each project (that are prepared by the producers) raising the flag where necessary, keeping our creatives on schedule, but managing their workload as appropriate.
As a Resource Manager, you’ll own the planning document/platform that allocates resources to projects, and present potential resource configurations based on requirements and availability to the leadership teams to support them in making choices on how projects are cast.
At the same time, you will manage, resource and look after our freelancers. We also need to grow our pool of talent, so outreach and getting exciting people in the building will be a key route to success. You, along with the One Jack Resource team, will make sure all talent working at Jack feel supported and empowered.
You are you, and we would have it no other way.
What you’ll be doing
- Source the best freelancers available for a given position, balancing the needs of the role, team dynamics and budget considerations.
- Actively negotiate and execute freelance contacts and pay rates.
- Be the conduit of information between account, production, strategy and creative.
- Lead meetings relating to resource management.
- Oversight of all projects in the building, using documentation provided by the production team to stay up to date on each project schedule, resource plan and budget.
- Help deliver extraordinary creative work, whilst balancing the need to work with agreed budget and time parameters. Raise the flag when the balance is off.
- Ensure freelancers have a positive experience at Jack, streamlined to allow them to do a great job with minimum administrative delay whilst completing all necessary paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Manage and execute agency onboarding for freelancers and new hires.
- Present options for resource configurations and casting to the Executive Creative Director and project team (understanding that the final decision rests with the ECD).
- Provide consultative guidance for project teams when developing project plans and approach. This may include talent recommendations, guidance on hours needed to complete the project, and provides proactive solutions for delivering client and pitch work.
- Proactively manage team bandwidth tracking hours per week, week over week, and throughout the year. Flag and provide solutions when bandwidth exceed reasonable expectations.
- Maintain and update project tracking system and review weekly with the creative, account, and production teams.
- Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage in support of the company’s diversity and inclusion strategic plan
For this role you will need to be…
- Responsible. This role occupies a vital place in the agency. The right person will increase our creative output and help us become more profitable.
- A Plate-spinner. Those only able to do one thing at once need not apply!
- Left brain / Right brain. Support the creative team and give them what they need to succeed, but a creative only mindset will not succeed in helping us meet the budget and schedule. We need someone balanced in the middle.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel. The role requires strong Excel skills as this is currently how we manage our resourcing.
- Precursive. If you are familiar with the platform, it could come in handy. Not required
- Able to lead meetings with project teams, speak to creatives about their work, inform the senior leadership team of status and so on. Strong email communication skills will also be key.
- We try to know what’s coming, but there are always surprises. A can-do attitude in these tight timeframes is vital.
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might also help if…
- 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Direct experience is most desirable, but a successful application could come from someone with project management, production or resource management backgrounds.
- Experiential marketing experience will be an advantage, but not essential.
- College degree preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place to Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.