What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re listening.
Latest jobs at Jack
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote/Boston, Massachusetts, United States
The Video Editor is a key member of Jack’s Agency Marketing team. In this role, you’ll be focused on developing internal and external video content for the Jack Morton family of brands and products. You’ll help bring to life the work, talent and personalities of the global Jack network through video content and storytelling.
The video content you will be creating will be a mixture of editing existing video to create portfolio assets as well as shooting and editing original content for web.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be able to take a concept and run with it, elevate our content and storytelling, and inspire confidence in your abilities.
What you’ll do
- Actively participate in agency video strategy and production
- Work collaboratively with our agency content team to tell their stories
- Concept, plan, direct, produce and edit videos of various lengths and formats for Jack Morton
- Think strategically and creatively to distill complex service messaging and viewer pain points into engaging and captivating visual stories
- Manage video project timelines ensuring schedules are met and on budget
- Create multiple versions of videos to support a multi-channel distribution
- Lead video shoots including both in office and in the field, when needed
- Collaborate with agency marketing team to identify additional areas in which video can be integrated into a content campaign
What you’ll bring to Jack
- At least 5 years’ experience creating video content professionally
- Must have professional-level editing skills
- Passionate about telling amazing stories and energized about collaborating across teams
- Working knowledge and experience across every part of the video production process
- Must be able to work independently as well as on a team under tight deadlines
- Must be able to work quickly but with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting and discussing projects and concepts with executives
- Proven track record of managing successful video content projects from concept to completion including budgets, scripts, creative briefs, schedules
- Comfortable with multitasking and working on multiple major projects at the same time
- Proven experience leading a creative project from pre-production to publish
- Proficiency with cinematography, sound, and video editing software
- Thorough understanding of YouTube, Livestreaming and other social video best practices and optimization
What you gain
- This is an 18-24 month position, after which you will have the opportunity to transition to client work and act as mentor for the next agency marketing Video Editor
- During your time with agency marketing, you will have one of our Creative Directors as your designated mentor to help you through the agency process and discuss challenges and insights
Please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume.
This position is based in Boston, Massachusetts, but work can be done remotely anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.