What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re listening.
Latest jobs at Jack
Strategist, Experiential Marketing
Detroit, Michigan, United States
This is a role that blends equal parts art and science. This role is responsible for identifying trends in consumer data from various sources and will act as an insight aggregator and distributor, as well as an internal evangelist for consumer insight. Additional duties may include client presentations, and any other activity required to deliver exceptional, insightful strategic advice to our internal and external clients.
Here’s the job:
- Distills insights from multiple data sources, synthesizing key findings into a clear, compelling story that helps inform Brand Experience strategy
- Uses knowledge of marketing, consumer behavior and business practices to understand and analyze current client opportunities
- “Simple is the most complex thing we do”. Makes complex ideas or scenarios clear, simple and understandable. Assemble ideas, issues and observations into compelling strategic stories for client presentations and strategic POVs
- Able to communicate and to tell a story verbally with impact. Able to break down complex ideas into understandable explanations and present ideas with a confidence and a passion that influences a decision maker
- Facilitates and socializes learning and best practices across organization
- Conduct research on audiences, lifestyles and competitive marketplace to ensure programs are targeted effectively
- Participate in creative brainstorming and evaluation of ideas against client objectives
- Represent strategic POV in client meetings
- Supports day to day operations of the Strategy group
How you can support our culture:
- You enjoy and succeed at working REALLY well with others
- You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment
- You take your work seriously, have fun doing it and bring energy to a team
What we require:
- Innate curiosity and desire to understand what motivates people
- 4-6 years of strategic planning, consumer intelligence or similar experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Client service mind-set, strong attention to detail and commitment to "doing what it takes" to deliver quality work on time
- Strong collaborator and able to manage others or work independently
- Experience maintaining internal and external client relationships
- Familiarity with using third-party data services
- Agency, sponsorship or experiential planning experience is preferred
- Sponsorship experience a plus
- Proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
*Note: We are currently working 100% remote. When the office opens again, we are anticipating approx. 2 days/wk in the actual office for those local. Less for those who are not in the local area.
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.