What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re listening.
Latest jobs at Jack
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Jack Morton is looking for a Senior Designer to join our team in Detroit. Our Designers operate in an exciting, environment to execute the design process from idea development through project completion by producing innovative deliverables. You are a creative, conceptual thinker/designer with extraordinary design skills and an ability to deliver solutions that work across a wide range of marketing channels. You are a team player who’ll be accountable for both collaborating on and executing bold creative ideas rooted in the overall strategy and helping to visualize how those ideas come to life.
What we will expect from you:
- Quick and thorough design skills in multiple media – using various executional platforms including environmental, digital and presentations – experience in video, storyboarding and digital content a plus.
- Provide consistency of brand across all touch points, these may include print, exhibit/displays, video, presentation materials and data visualization.
- Able to work with partners and vendors to ensure design integrity, color accuracy and image quality are met in all formats
- Able to create graphics and lead the design development for multiple programs simultaneously
- Become the in-house expert on client brand guidelines, design standards and Visual ID
- Stay abreast of technical, cultural, and design trends that could positively influence and focus the work we deliver to support our client’s business
- Work alongside ACDs and CDs to bring creative concepts to life through effective graphic design and visuals. Help communicate that vision through strong client presentations
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams including colleagues in strategy, account management, production, and resourcing
- Ability to present overall art direction to team reinforcing design rationale and overall creative vision
- Participate in pitches, interacting with clients as needed to develop extraordinary work
- Contribute to future planning and business development for new and existing clients
- Coach and mentor junior designers, vendors, and other partners by delivering specific, constructive feedback to elevate the work
How you should be wired:
- You say “yes” more than “no”
- You demonstrate a strong ability to manage multiple assignments at one time, frequently with fast turnover
- You are pro-active, highly organized, with a keen eye for detail
- You understand the reality of deadlines and can (somehow) always meet them
What we require:
- 5-7 years of hands-on design experience
- Preferred Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design/Art and Design or related field of study
- Strong conceptual skills relating to brand marketing and graphic design across multiple media
- Superior proficiency and experience with relevant software platforms, such as CS6 (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator) PowerPoint and Keynote, with ability and willingness to execute production-ready files across channels
- Excellent creative and artistic presentation skills
- Knowledge of client brand positioning and industry trends. Strong understanding of how projects fit into the client’s business
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital channels and the specs involved in executing an integrated marketing campaign: i.e., website design, videos (for web and social), organic social, emails, white papers, paid media, etc.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and have a sense of urgency; proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
- Demonstrated creative competencies: accountability for results, organizational sophistication, ingenuity and communicating ideas
- Embraces positive culture and ability to relay it to junior teammates—you look for solutions and proactively contribute to the culture
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion: Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.