What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re listening.
Latest jobs at Jack
Manager, Brand Partnerships & Strategy - Sports/Entertainment
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
You are you, and we would have it no other way.
What the role’s about
We’re looking for a manager to join our Brand Partnerships & Strategy team who has experience within the sponsorship and partnership industry – a background in sports marketing is also preferred! You’ll be responsible for providing strategic insight, evaluation, planning and solutions to a major beverage client as well as day-to-day sponsorship and partnership support. You will regularly liaise with analytics, evaluations, strategy, account, creative and production teams internally. This offers you a chance to work with a Fortune 500 client, work with major sports and entertainment properties, influence experiences, and grow our brand partnerships and strategy team within Jack. The position will report to Sr. Director, Brand Partnerships and Strategy and will be responsible for direction and management of up to two junior team members.
What you’ll be doing
- Project Management:
- Provide support to Director and SVP on overarching account management and planning.
- Manage and coordinate regular status calls, distribute meeting notes and recaps, communicate activities, reports and results.
- Create and maintain project tracking documents in a clear, concise and detailed manner including timelines and deadlines, points of view, recaps, agendas, feedback consolidation and requests for projects.
- Oversee day to day management of select partnerships.
- Manage sport and entertainment property assessment across new and renewal properties, including evaluation, asset optimization, audience insights, negotiation strategy and contract review.
- Manage collection of partnership proposals, contracts, assets, best practices, and guidelines.
- Work with client team members to develop decks and report materials.
- Strategic Client Oversight and Communication:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and a passion for clients’ industry, business, consumer, and brands, including knowledge of their competitive set and industry while updating them on industry trends and best practices.
- Provide strategic thinking, consulting and recommendations for client and agency at large; support overall client strategies grounded in audience insights and go-to-market priorities, goals, and objectives.
- Lead day-to-day management of client’s property partnerships, assets, and relationships, and manage the approvals program on behalf of the client to facilitate compliance with property guidelines.
- Identify, manage, and educate internal/external teams on competitive and comparable landscape/properties; collaborate with other agency partners and within client’s integrated agency team to ensure effective activation of properties at national and local levels.
- Participate in the development and implementation of partnership strategy, and manage activation programming with client functional teams; evaluate additional sponsorship opportunities and support contract negotiations as appropriate.
- Drive and manage communication between brand teams, field teams and partners, providing guidance on proper engagement of partnership rights and assets.
- Manage on-site procedures / needs on behalf of the client and take on incremental roles to execute client programs and ensure client satisfaction.
- Support ongoing delivery to client with the goal of informing optimization of existing programs and consideration of new opportunities.
- Research & Analysis:
- Conduct competitive analysis to provide strategic overview and point-of-view across new sport/entertainment properties and opportunities.
- Monitor media, trends and sports + entertainment landscape to provide thought leadership to internal teams and clients on a regular basis.
- Utilize insights to develop new ideas and differentiated brand opportunities in the sponsorship and experiential marketing landscape.
- Support the research and strategy work to develop negotiation strategies for key partnerships in consultation with client stakeholders and support partnership negotiation process.
- Team Collaboration and Leadership:
- Actively contribute in brainstorming and idea generation sessions with cross-functional teams, both internally and externally with clients.
- Demonstrate leadership and presence in meetings and client interaction.
- Help train and mentor junior team members.
- Be a source of positivity, inspiration, creativity, and fun.
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if you…
- Have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience of agency or client-based sponsorship account management experience at a brand, media company, sports or entertainment property, or related organization.
- Possess an understanding of the business of sports, sports media, and sports marketing / sponsorship.
- Have prior experience managing day-to-day relationships with clients, agencies, and vendors, sponsorship contract negotiations, and development of sponsorship marketing strategy and activation.
- Can manage multiple projects concurrently with limited guidance, inclusive of a detail-oriented approach.
- Can carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Have an extremely strong attention to detail and high level of organization.
- Are motivated, goal oriented, and a skilled negotiator.
- Excel at teamwork and client service.
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. Jack Morton is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.