What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re listening.
Latest jobs at Jack
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
**This role is part of our Boston office, but we are open to remote in Central / Eastern Time Zone**
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for innovative brand experiences, big brand acts and Emmy-award winning broadcast and set design. Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
As a Brand Designer, you will partner with the creative team through innovative design to ensure the delivery of extraordinary creative solutions. You’ll have a solid understanding of design principles across, digital, print, packaging, social and product. This role will assist in finding creative solutions that extend beyond the brief, while also being able to design within an established brand identity system.
You’ll be creative, curious, conceptual and driven, with an astute attention to detail. You are a collaborative team player who is comfortable pivoting from spec projects to big picture ideas, telling a story through design that engages both prospects and customers alike.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with ACDs and CDs to develop innovative design concepts to solve client marketing and communication challenges
- Work with senior members of the team to fine-tune and execute ideas and presentations
- Partner with Copywriter to ensure copy and design work to unite the concepts
- Effectively communicate your project vision to colleagues and clients through innovative and targeted design
- Lead the design concept for multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Able to sketch layouts for food shoots, and articulate vision to the internal team and photographer (experience with food photography is a HUGE plus)
- Comprehend the clients’ business, staying tuned in to business objectives and keeping a breast of cultural events and trends that affect our clients’ audiences
- Work with the production team to discern the scope and ensure your ideas work within project parameters
- Refine your craft by staying up on cultural trends, latest technology, and participating in relevant training
- Take responsibility for the quality of your work throughout all stages of the project
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
- Actively supports and engages in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation
- May play a role in new business pitches
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- 3–5 years of creative experience
- Experience designing for digital, print, and you possess strong typography skills and an elevated design aesthetic
- Able to work both independently and within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and assist Art Directors during peak workloads
- Comprehension of the creative process and how it fits within an agency setting
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD) with ability and willingness to execute production ready files
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as presentation skills
- An unmatched passion and energy for your craft, Jack Morton,and brand experience
- An inspiring creative who sets an example and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.