What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re listening.
Latest jobs at Jack
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
As the Office Coordinator, you will be part of a joint model which will service two agencies (Jack Morton & Genuine) and report directly to the Senior Operations Manager. This highly impactful role is accountable for the smooth functioning of the agencies physical and virtual operating environments. Whether managing daily office operations or coordinating travel for a remote team member across the nation, you are comfortable wearing multiple hats within the Boston office.
You will also assist with managing projects and deliverables for internal teams.
You’ll be an organized team player who loves to have your hands in a lot of different things, and you are able to work independently. You are passionate about creating a welcoming and collaborative environment for both employees and visitors in an ever-changing environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Answer incoming calls and forward appropriately
- Greet and welcome visitors, clients and guests
- Receive and distribute all incoming/outgoing packages and mail
- Negotiate the best rates and order office food and supplies so that we are always fully stocked (beverages, snacks, coffee, office supplies).
- Supervise the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, printer, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the facility, such as managing building office key fobs and working with vendors and building management to resolve any building issues
- Create and maintain office policies, procedures and safety standards (emergency evacuation plan, visitor registration, security, ADA/OSHA compliance, COVID-19, etc.)
- Assist with office operational projects, initiatives & renovations and communicate updates working with the Senior Operations Manager as needed.
- Work with Senior Operations Manager as appropriate on all seating plans, office or department moves and new hires and departures
- Handle building related needs and requirements. Act as primary escalation point for off-hours emergency response (power outages, HVAC, snow emergencies, etc.)
- Will be required to change lightbulbs, move office furniture, stock office supplies, supervise trash and recycling, manage emergency office issues and handle odd jobs around the office
Additional Functions (COVID)
- With oversight from the Senior Operations Manager, develop and implement office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Maintain the overall appearance, organization, and cleanliness of the office. Ensure workstations, conference rooms and public spaces are clean and sanitized.
- Manage the office reservation system including; training new hires, communicating safety policies and procedures to all staff within Jack Boston, Corporate and Genuine.
- Travel management: coordinate travel for senior leaders, candidates and non-profiled employees
- Expense processing: complete expense reports for senior leaders
- Partner with leadership to facilitate employee events, lunches, company meetings, lunch & learns, client meetings, etc., including room set-up, food and beverages, technology, etc.
- Assist with booking conference rooms, travel arrangements for candidates and non-employees when needed
- May assist with the onboarding process for new employees & freelancers and be first point of contact within the office, reviewing office protocols and procedures.
- Assist with the setup of new employees, ensuring their equipment, desk, and swag are properly sent or set up prior to their first day of work
- May assist Jack and Genuine finance teams with accounts payable, creating PO’s, sending timesheet reminders, etc.
- Order and approve business cards
- Create and maintain Org charts as necessary
- Assist with scheduling agency meetings as needed
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively supports and engages in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
- Candidates must be willing to work in the office following all COVID-19 safety procedures.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 20 pounds.
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might also help if…
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years of administrative office experience required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Refined organizational skills (both electronic and paper documents)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- A/P experience preferred
- SAP or other ERP system experience preferred
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills.
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.