Latest jobs at Jack
Senior Director, Strategy
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
We’re an award-winning global brand experience agency, with 80 years in the industry, who believes that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for brand experiences, brand acts, integrated marketing, digital transformation, sponsorship marketing and employee experience. We also have expertise with trade shows & exhibits and broadcast design. Yep, we’re multi-channel, multi-discipline and just plain multi-talented.
Working alongside great brands worldwide, we’re dedicated to doing something extraordinary every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
The Senior Director, Strategy is a leader in our creative-idea-generating, strategic-thinking, client-problem-solving community, providing deep insight into internal and external factors affecting the client’s business, marketing, and overall presence. The Senior Director’s ability to generate insights and articulates concepts and solutions in a clear and compelling way to clients will help the agency sell Jack Morton to our clients at a personal level through the quality of your thinking, presentation skills, relationship-building abilities, and passion for their brands/products and our business/vision/POV. The ideal candidate will have experience on fully integrated accounts, thriving at the intersection of digital, content, TV, social, marketing automation and CRM, experiential activation and more.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead strategy team to uncover fresh brand/product/audience insights
- Take those fresh brand/product/audience insights and work with the creative team to turn them into big ideas
- Work collaboratively with leadership and the wider creative delivery team to help keep the strategic idea on track through execution
- Establish strategic media framework and channel strategy to ensure clients’ media budgets are best deployed to meet business objectives
- Lead creation of media plans, with a special emphasis on paid search, paid social, digital and programmatic, with support from other strategists
- Oversee integrated strategy and execution, from day-to-day media buy stewardship across channels, including authorizations, specs, timelines and budgets, with a specific interest in learning all areas of marketplace - SEM/SEO, social and programmatic digital (RTB, trading desks/DSP/DMP) strategies
- Analyze campaigns and recommend tactical changes to maximize campaign performance
- Monitor industry changes and competitive landscape to help drive our strategy and execution
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, vendors, publishers to ensure an effective creation and implementation of campaigns
- Lead a portfolio of our dynamic accounts, driven by an aspiration for extraordinary work, developing brand and communications strategies that challenge the category and create growth for our clients.
- Build senior relationships and the trusted advisor to our clients, identifying the challenges, manifesting opportunities and uncovering insights that will drive success.
- Play an active role in new business pitches and stand up presentations
Strategy Team/Culture Leadership
- Drive breakthrough work and lead creative briefings — from overarching campaign development to individual initiatives — that lead to breakthrough work in the category and industry. Understand the art of insight identification, close collaboration with creative teams and consumer behavior change.
- Champion integrated efficacy by developing campaign ecosystems that maximize the results of individual channels and ensure that the sum is greater than the parts. Collaborate across departments to ensure that best practices are implemented and a learning agenda provides ongoing optimization opportunities. Partner with clients to present results in a compelling way that reinforces the value of the work.
- Mentor and oversee strategists, providing thought partnership, work reviews, career coaching and skills development. Partner with strategy team colleagues to maintain strategic consistency and efficiency across portfolios of work.
- Bring passion for creative strategic thinking and on-strategy creative delivery to the strategy team and the wider agency every day
- Foster a culture of strategic thinking within the agency
- Coordinate with our nationwide (and global) strategy teams to share ideas, knowledge and resources
For this role you will need
- At least 15 years into your creative career at an agency that plays in the brand experience, integrated marketing or performance/data-driven marketing space
- Coming from a background that might include being head of strategy at a progressive brand/digital/media/non-traditional agency, or possibly a very progressive advertising agency
- Able to define how to identify our clients problems in a strategic manner whether it be research, valuation and business case development, organizational design, or process optimization
- Absolutely passionate about brands and businesses and the way they need to communicate with the people that matter most to them
- As brilliant at working alone (self-motivated) as you are as part of a team (the motivator)
- An active participant in industry groups and a writer of thought leadership
- Someone who embodies Jack Morton’s values of passion, agility, respect and inclusion
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.