Latest jobs at Jack
Detroit, Michigan, United States
At Jack, we work with the world’s leading companies to build relationships between their brands and the people who matter most to them. We’re a global brand experience agency; best known for event marketing, promotional marketing, social, mobile, sponsorship marketing and employee engagement. We’re multi-channel, multi-discipline and just plain multi-talented.
Jack Morton’s Detroit office is seeking a dynamic Strategist to join our team and provide innovative and strategic thought leadership. The Strategist will educate and build relationships with stakeholders on best practices and insights to ensure meaningful, consistent and credible client connections are made across multiple marketing channels. Our ideal Strategist is knowledgeable or interested in the automotive industry and trends facing multicultural audiences. Individuals that thrive in fast-paced environments will be most successful in this role. The Strategist will work with an interdisciplinary team to deliver work that is consistently creative, audience-driven, and designed to drive results for our clients.
Here’s the job:
- Distills insights from multiple data sources, synthesizing key findings into a clear, compelling story that helps inform Brand Experience strategy.
- Uses knowledge of marketing, consumer behavior and business practices to understand and analyze current client opportunities.
- “Simple is the most complex thing we do.” Makes complex ideas or scenarios clear, simple and understandable. Assemble ideas, issues and observations into compelling strategic stories for client presentations and strategic POVs.
- Able to communicate and to tell a story verbally with impact. Able to break down complex ideas into understandable explanations and present ideas with the confidence and passion needed to influence key decision makers.
- Facilitates and socializes learnings and best practices across the organization.
- Conducts research on audiences, lifestyle trends and the competitive landscape to ensure programs are targeted effectively.
- Participates and helps lead creative brainstorming and evaluation of ideas against client objectives.
- Represents strategic POV in client meetings.
- Supports day-to-day operations of the Strategy group.
As an employee you’re expected to demonstrate an understanding of the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, and actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
How you can support our culture:
- You enjoy and succeed at working REALLY well with others.
- You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment.
- You take your work seriously – but not yourself.
- You demonstrate an understanding of the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
- 2+ years of strategic/brand planning, consumer intelligence or similar experience
- Multicultural marketing experience preferred
- Innate curiosity and desire to understand what motivates people
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Client service mindset, strong attention to detail and commitment to "doing what it takes" to deliver quality work on time
- Strong collaborator and able to manage others or work independently
- Experience maintaining internal and external client relationships
- Familiarity with using third-party data services
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion:
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.