Latest jobs at Jack
VP Strategy, Jack Health
New York, New York, United States
We believe in experience brands
Jack Health is a specialist healthcare practice dedicated exclusively to creating brand experiences – virtual, hybrid or live – in the pharma and healthcare sector.
We are part of Jack Morton, the global brand experience agency known for 80+ years of creating extraordinary events and experiences. Jack Health builds upon our agency’s heritage, passion and expertise in brand experience and applies that depth to the world’s leading healthcare brands. It’s this combination that allows us to bring fresh concepts, that often draw from other industries, to reinvigorate your brand.
We launched earlier this year, and we are growing at a record pace.
That brings us to you.
As the VP of Strategy at Jack Health, you’ll be a leader in our creative-idea-generating, strategic-thinking, problem-solving community. You bring fluency in the healthcare category, make our teams smarter about our key audiences, help to drive our business, and you’ll be actively in the work.
You’ll provide deep category and persona insight, blended with sparks of inspiration. You’re one-part credible category expert, one-part creative strategist, one part writer, and always a partner to the account, content, creative, and production colleagues to design extraordinary experiences / programs / platforms for our clients.
One of your most critical roles is to define clear parameters for the strategic outputs for each project. You will help to develop a library of strategy deliverables that reflect ‘what good looks like’ to help empower our teams to best utilize strategic tools to drive value for our clients.
We love what we do. We believe that truly strategic and creative work can solve business challenges and transform brands. But we also know that, especially today, talk is cheap (and people don’t trust it). Which is why the most powerful brands in the 21st century are experience brands.
We are looking for someone who will geek out with us and help us do something extraordinary.
What you’ll be doing:
For (Internally-facing) Employee Communications, strategic outputs may be:
- Tone and Format: Guide program design based on employee mindset and goals
- Messaging: Set messaging matrix: Guide use of primary, secondary messages
- Comms Plan: content / channel / cadence for comms for programs and initiatives
For (externally-facing) HCP Exhibit and Congress Programs, strategic ouputs may be:
- Audience Insight: Summary to best understand HCPs, media and other influencers at shows.
- Portfolio Planning: Asses current plan and modify to best achieve objectives
- Measurement: Define mix of KPIs to prove plan is delivery
Who you are:
- A healthcare category expert, with deepest roots in pharmaceutical and biotech clients
- A strategist who is equally comfortable with work that is for internal and external audiences
- Knows the experiential space, specifically around healthcare, and has a POV on how best to engage audiences within the limits of the regulatory environment
- Can synthesize therapeutic content, crystalize ideas, and communicate it out with style
- Able to roll-up your sleeves and be the lead strategist on projects, on accounts, and across new business
- Excited to join Jack Health’s US leadership, work inside and outside of strategy lines to help our lean team to quickly grow. Help generate thought leadership and participate in group efforts around marketing materials.
- A collaborator, who ideates with others, is a master of “yes, and…”, and makes others better
- As comfortable talking with the intern as with the CMO, and impresses both
- Able to define how to identify our clients’ problems in a strategic manner whether it be research, valuation and business case development, organizational design, or process optimization
- Likes unearthing data to inform insights and direction; is comfortable with qual & quant data and analysis, and with developing measurement platforms to track client successes
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might also help if…
- At least 10 years into your creative career at an agency that plays in the brand experience space, and your client mix has been predominantly in healthcare with main focus on pharma
- Proven track record solving problems and delivering creatively strategic, insightful solutions for a variety of clients
- As brilliant at working alone (self-motivated) as you are as part of a team (the motivator)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presentation expertise
- A believer in collaboration, in seeing the work through, and making the work and others shine
- Someone who embodies Jack Morton’s values of passion, agility, respect and inclusion
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.