Latest jobs at Jack
Healthcare Communications Strategist
Chicago, Illinois, United States
**This role is remote US - must be willing to work Central Time hours**
We believe in experience brands
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for innovative brand experiences, big brand acts and Emmy-award winning broadcast and set design. Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
As a Healthcare Communications Strategist (internal title is Senior Strategist), you will drive the strategic planning process to deliver on clients’ efforts to launch, align, engage and build business and brands. You are directly responsible for forming the strategic direction and creative briefings to kick off and guide extraordinary agency work. You push the envelope to inspire the development of big ideas, and are a critical, client-facing role. You are accountable for strategy as well as the integrity and measurement of ideas, from start to execution, on RFPs and on live projects.
This strategy role is one of leading and doing. You will develop innovative and effective strategic insights but also roll up your sleeves in creative reviews, writing briefs, developing communications plans, setting KPIs, and analyzing metrics for program recaps. You are someone who loves to learn and work across a wide range of clients and projects – must be comfortable leading pharma / healthcare clients. Event/experiential background is a plus.
What you’ll be doing
- Build brands and business for accounts by proactively bringing new ideas forward to clients and to Jack teams
- Own strategy development and take responsibility for the Ideas component, throughout pitches or client work, to deliver compelling strategic stories that sell
- Provide sought-after expertise in one or more of our delivery platforms: launch, align, engage and build with understanding and competence in all
Extract Fresh Insights
- Lead strategic design from both quantitative and qualitative approaches to drive a creative foundation, big ideas and brand growth
- Turn data and information into original brand stories/ ideas that excite clients and deliver brand results
- Identify new sources of information that provide teams with trends, market analysis and relevant points of view that will enhance our ability to meet client needs
- Lead the development of a creative brief, articulating key insights and a clear point of view
- Command a presence with senior clients, successfully influencing them to think big
- Participate in speaking engagements to elevate Jack Morton’s visibility in the marketplace
Build Effective Relationships
- Work with creative and account teams to build collaboration and alignment
- Serve as a trusted advisor at senior levels internally and externally
- Culture is important at Jack Morton – exemplifying passion, agility, and respect is the Jack Morton way.
- Train and mentor junior talent to develop future idea leaders
- Participate in the hiring of new team members to build the strategy teams capabilities
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- 8+ years in a strategic role in a creative agency, management consulting, or in-house pharma environment (we know years of experience doesn't always equal ability; we encourage those with less experience to apply)
- 8+ years strategic experience developing insights, identifying cultural trends, and inspiring big ideas that travel across channels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in pharma is required
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.