Latest jobs at Jack
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
We’re an award-winning global brand experience agency, with 80 years in the industry, who believes that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for brand experiences, brand acts, integrated marketing, digital transformation, sponsorship marketing and employee experience. We also have expertise with trade shows & exhibits and broadcast design. Yep, we’re multi-channel, multi-discipline and just plain multi-talented.
Working alongside great brands worldwide, we’re dedicated to doing something extraordinary every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
The Office Coordinator will be part of a joint model which will service two agencies (Jack Morton & Genuine) and report directly to the Senior Operations Manager. This highly impactful role is accountable for the smooth functioning of the agencies physical and virtual operating environments. Whether managing daily office operations or coordinating travel for a remote team member across the nation, the Office Coordinator wears multiple hats within the Boston office.
The role will also assist with managing projects and deliverables for internal teams.
You’ll be an organized team player who loves to have your hands in a lot of different things, and you are able to work independently. You are passionate about creating a welcoming and collaborative environment for both employees and visitors in an ever-changing environment.
**This position will be PT (16 hours) to start and will increase to FT (40 hours) over a period of 5-6 months based on office needs and local, state and federal mandates related to COVID. The expectations to be in the office will increase as we work towards re-opening the office and increase office capacity in late 2021.
What you’ll be doing
- Answer incoming calls and forward appropriately
- Greet and welcome visitors, clients and guests
- Receive and distribute all incoming/outgoing packages and mail
- Negotiate the best rates and orders office food and supplies so that we are always fully stocked (beverages, snacks, coffee, office supplies).
- Supervise the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, printer, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the facility, such as managing building office key fobs and working with vendors and building management to resolve any building issues
- Create and maintain office policies, procedures and safety standards (emergency evacuation plan, visitor registration, security, ADA/OSHA compliance, COVID-19, etc.)
- Assist with office operational projects, initiatives & renovations and communicate updates working with the Senior Operations Manager as needed.
- Work with Senior Operations Manager as appropriate on all seating plans, office or department moves and new hires and departures
- Handle building related needs and requirements. Act as primary escalation point for off-hours emergency response (power outages, HVAC, snow emergencies, etc.)
- Will be required to change lightbulbs, move office furniture, stock office supplies, supervise trash and recycling, manage emergency office issues and handle odd jobs around the office
Additional Functions (COVID)
- With oversight from the Senior Operations Manager, develop and implement office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Maintain the overall appearance, organization, and cleanliness of the office. Ensure workstations, conference rooms and public spaces are clean and sanitized.
- Manage the office reservation system including; training new hires, communicating safety policies and procedures to all staff within Jack Boston, Corporate and Genuine.
- Travel management: coordinate travel for senior leaders, candidates and non-profiled employees
- Expense processing: complete expense reports for senior leaders
- Partner with leadership to facilitate employee events, lunches, company meetings, lunch & learns, client meetings, etc., including room set-up, food and beverages, technology, etc.
- Assist with booking conference rooms, travel arrangements for candidates and non-employees when needed
- May assist with the onboarding process for new employees & freelancers and be first point of contact within the office, reviewing office protocols and procedures.
- Assist with the setup of new employees, ensuring their equipment, desk, and swag are properly sent or set up prior to their first day of work
- May assist Jack and Genuine finance teams with accounts payable, creating PO’s, sending timesheet reminders, etc.
- Order and approve business cards
- Create and maintain Org charts as necessary
- Assist with scheduling agency meetings as needed
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively supports and engages in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
For this role you will need
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years of administrative office experience required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Refined organizational skills (both electronic and paper documents)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- A/P experience preferred
- SAP or other ERP system experience preferred
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills.
Candidates must be willing to work in the office following all COVID-19 safety procedures.
Ability to lift, push and pull at least 20 pounds.
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.