Latest jobs at Jack
Senior Creative Director
San Francisco, California, United States
We believe in experience brands
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for innovative brand experiences, big brand acts and Emmy-award winning broadcast and set design. Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
You’ll lead the creative process by generating innovative ideas and engaging the audience through effective concept development and skillful writing. Working with the planning and design team, ensure the delivery of superior creative solutions that bring the experiential platform to life, drive client results, meet their budget requirements, and meet Jack Morton’s financial targets.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop creative strategy and innovative solutions to solve client marketing and communication challenges
- As comfortable collaborating with strategists as designers, you’ll help reshape the brief as well as craft the answer
- Work with the entire cross-functional team to develop the vision of client deliverables and effectively communicate that vision to colleagues and clients by skillfully crafting content
Flawless Creative Execution
- Work closely with Designers and other account team members to ensure on-brand design, accurate message content and adherence to the experiential platform
- Remain involved in production to ensure creative integrity, be a creative resource to the team as client needs or budgets change, and further develop the relationship with the client.
Creative Team Leadership
- Foster a culture and environment that is conducive to creative development by making create sessions a “safe” place where all participants are heard and respected, resulting in superior creative solutions.
- Understand, utilize, teach and champion processes and tools that facilitate productive creative development
- Stay abreast of cultural events, and experiential trends that affect our clients’ audiences
- Build on a heritage of experiential knowledge, and push us all and our ideas on what experiential can be
- Drive continuous process improvement to discover efficiencies and make recommendations within the creative department
- Network between offices to share ideas, knowledge and resources. Know and understand success stories from across the network. Be able to share those stories with the team and clients in the appropriate context.
- Serve as a coach to more junior creative team members to ensure that they are exposed to appropriate opportunities to help them grow in their career and to ensure that they continue to add increasing value to the team
- Serve as a trusted advisor and strategic partner to key senior clients
Client Management / Business Development
- Provide leadership in developing business strategies for new and existing clients that lead to revenue growth. Generate ideas that excite clients and expand their perceptions of what Jack Morton can do to help them drive results.
- Understand the clients’ business objectives and how those objectives relate to the target audience, while staying in tune to business issues, particularly in key account industries, to assist in generating relevant creative ideas.
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might also help if…
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; MA preferred but not required
- At least 8-10 years of creative experience in an agency or marketing environment
- Superior writing skills with proven experience with message development and writing in different mediums (i.e., PowerPoint, speeches, video, proposals, etc.)
- Excellent creative and artistic presentation skills
- Effective team-building skills
- Strong in-depth knowledge of brand positioning and industry trends, including digital; strong understanding of how projects fit into the client’s business and brand position
- Strong understanding of technology and technology trends
- Must possess excellent time management skills and have a sense of urgency; proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
- Demonstrated creative competencies: client focus, accountability for results, organizational sophistication, ingenuity and communicating ideas
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.