Latest jobs at Jack
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We believe in experience brands
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for innovative brand experiences, big brand acts and Emmy-award winning broadcast and set design. Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
You are an Art Director with a background in design. As an AD, you’ll be accountable for both generating and executing bold creative ideas rooted in the overall strategy and helping direct how those ideas come to life.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure work of design team drives desired client results, drawing upon best practices and network resources as necessary
- Work alongside Associate Creative Directors to support the vision of programs and effectively communicate that vision to team and clients through innovative and targeted design
- Lead the concept development and design for multiple programs simultaneously
- Partner with the creative lead to develop solutions to solve client marketing and communication challenge
- Collaborate effectively with the cross-functional team including your partners in strategy, account management, production, and resourcing
Client Management/Business Development
- Ensure consistency of brand across all touch points
- Collaborate with internal teams to present a visual representation of the creative ideas to client
- Understand clients by monitoring business issues, cultural events and trends that affect our clients’ audiences
- An unmatched passion and energy for your craft, Jack Morton, and brand experience
- Most importantly—you take the work seriously, but not yourself
- 6-8 years design experience in advertising with healthcare experience
- Passion for the pharma/health space
- Bachelor’s degree in Art and Design or relevant field
- Superior Art Direction skills with proven experience with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.), and PowerPoint
- Experience designing for corporate events, consumer marketing (mobile, exhibits, tradeshow) or broadcast studios. Comfortable with environmental design.
- Extensive experience in advertising, branding and identity design
- Able to concept and brainstorm with creative associates and collaborate with team members and contribute at every stage of the process, from ideation to execution
- Strong understanding of typography, mood boards and logo artwork and brand tonality
- Video/Broadcast experience, able to concept creative wrappers and storyboard
- Relevant experience within virtual and live B2B brand experiences and live events
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and have a sense of urgency; proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
- Responsible for art direction and design on dedicated projects for healthcare client
- Work alongside with copywriter partner and Associate Creative Directors and Creative Director to support the vision of multiple projects and effectively communicate that vision to colleagues and clients
- Conceptualize and design campaigns for different types of media (live event, broadcast, digital etc)
- Brainstorm, concept and collaborate with creative teammates
- Works with the Strategist, Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters and Account team members to ensure the delivery of superior creative solutions
- Understand the clients’ organization and business objectives and how those objectives relate to the target audience to assist in generating relevant creative ideas
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.