Latest jobs at Jack
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We believe in experience brands
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for innovative brand experiences, big brand acts and Emmy-award winning broadcast and set design. Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
You are an Operations Coordinator who will act as a crucial support role to the Resource Manager, the Director of Production, Director of Operations, Managing Director, and the wider office. The lion’s share of your work will support the resource manager who will be working every day to not only source new talent and get them onboarded but also to best allocate the resource we already have in the building onto new projects and deliverables. The aim is to keep everyone busy… but not too busy. You’ll help make this happen.
What you’ll be doing
- Resource platform support. Upload of spreadsheets into system.
- Preparation of deal memos, IT tickets for new accounts and various other paperwork and administrative tasks
- Management of office laptop stock including arranging couriers to send and receive to and from freelancers.
- Help manage the database of freelance talent
- Support the resource manager in the sourcing of new talent and the diary management of those people interviewing that talent.
- Support the Director of Production in resource management related tasks
- General support to the Managing Director & office leadership as needed.
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might also help if…
- Excel skills. You don’t have to be an advanced user exactly… but you do need to know your way around a formula and be able to apply logic to check that what the sheet is doing is correct… and adjust it if it is not.
- Online tools. You probably haven’t used Precursive before, and that’s ok. But you’ll need to be very comfortable and literate using programs to manage data. It’ll probably be your preference. If you prefer a paper diary to organize your day over an app or prefer a forest of post-it notes instead of a solid online organizer tool this role might not be for you. You’re going to need to go from a standing start to running fast in a new application very quickly.
- Organized. Goes without saying.
- Detail-orientated. Errors in the data management will cause hiccups in the system. We don’t expect perfection! But we need this person to really care about getting things right.
- Plate-spinner. Those only able to do one thing at once need not apply!
- The best thing about working at Jack is our people. We’re hoping to find someone who fits in and makes us an even better place to work.
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.