Latest jobs at Jack
Sr. Communications Manager
New York, New York, United States
We believe in experience brands
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for innovative brand experiences, big brand acts and Emmy-award winning broadcast and set design. Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you
You’re a communications person at your core—smart about turning ideas into stories, skilled at writing and telling those stories and savvy about leveraging the right channels and relationships to share those stories.
You can talk about anything but you’re genuinely interested in the world of brands and marketing. You understand the agency model, because you have worked at one at some point, and you get the nature of having to work with clients under tight deadlines and constraints. You are a very strong writer. You have experience as a journalist, attended journalism school or you’ve ghost written stories that have been published.
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping lead the agency’s public relations outreach program for the US, EMEA and APAC including proactive pitching, tracking opportunities and results. This includes collaborating on identifying opportunities, conducting outreach and follow-up.
- Ideating, writing and researching thought leadership bylined articles, working with global executives to establish a unique POV.
- Staying on top of trends in marketing and PR.
- Drafting internal communications as needed which includes executive communications and newsletters.
- Generating content to share on social media channels.
- Providing advice as needed to account teams on PR-related matters
- Contributing to the agency culture that makes Jack a great place to work.
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might also help if…
- 6+ years PR experience. Agency experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience writing and placing stories within the media.
- Curiosity about new ideas and trends in the world of marketing and the ability to gain a rapid understanding of the agency’s work and culture
- Outstanding relationship builder – able to win confidence with people at all levels of the business
- Demonstrated success in generating coverage and building relationships with media, organizations, influencers
- Results-driven and persistent but displays great sensitivity in understanding clients issues and team dynamics
- Highly organized, creative and motivated individual who thrives on finding and then telling great stories
- Journalism background or degree ideal.
- And most importantly, we’re looking for people who are a good fit for Jack’s agency culture. It’s as simple as this: You take the work seriously, but not yourself.
- Ideally, you will be based in NY or the tri-state area. But to begin with, this job is remote due to COVID-19.
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.