Latest jobs at Jack
Graphics & Illustration Intern - New York
New York, New York, United States
Graphics & Illustration Intern
Do you watch Late Night with Stephen Colbert? SportsCenter? The CBS Evening News? Jack Morton has designed all those sets – and more! -- and now so can you! Jack Morton Worldwide New York is seeking an Illustration / Design Intern to work with our Emmy award-winning Broadcast and Environmental design team. The Illustration / Design Intern will work directly with the team to visualize solutions for broadcast studio environments and live experiences.
What you’ll be doing
- Assisting our Illustration / Design department in the visualization stage of the design process.
- Learning and advancing in the 3D and 2D software we use in the studio (Photoshop and Cinema 4D)
- Using 3D and 2D software to produce sketches of design concepts.
- Gaining a full understanding of our design process, from concept to build.
What you’ll bring to Jack
- Background in design-related field. College degree or degree in process. Great Fits: Exhibit Design, Industrial Design, Fine Arts, Architecture, Interior Design, Theatre/Film and Graphic Design.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline drive, and highly collaborative/team-based environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator is ideal.
- Flexibility to engage with the team and on the work, while participating virtually. At the moment, we have no planned ‘live/in person’ part of the Intern Program.
Not Required, but a plus…
- Experience with 3D software (3d modeling, texturing and lighting) or designing textures for 3D environments.
- Sketching, digital rendering or technical drawing skills.
Who you are
- Extraordinary! Both as a person and a multi-tasker.
- Detail-oriented. You leave nothing to chance!
- Creative problem solver. You’re able to change course at the drop of a hat!
- Cool under pressure. Prepared for every possible situation that might pop up!
- Curious, and willing to learn!
- Passionate, Agile, Respectful, and Brave!
What you gain
- We provide an intern experience as extraordinary as the work we deliver for our clients. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves (check out our blog and Instagram for more on that). You can expect to learn and grow from the best in the business and gain valuable agency experience while meeting and working with incredible people during a summer you’ll never forget. We’ll do our best to provide a great experience, without setting foot into an office.
All Graphics & Illustration intern applicants must provide a link to your portfolio, or examples of work, in addition to your resume. Graphics & Illustration intern applicants should also ideally have a background in graphic design with advanced skills in Adobe CS; specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
Overachiever? We love it. Feel free to add a note (300 words max) addressing the following when you apply:
- Why are you interested in Jack and this particular role?
- Tell us: “Why choose me?”
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.