Latest jobs at Jack
New York, New York, United States
We believe in experience brands
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof on their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
With 82 years in the industry and counting, we’ve learned that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And great brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone).
We’re best known for innovative brand experiences, big brand acts and Emmy-award winning broadcast and set design. Working alongside some of the best brands in the world, we seek to reimagine what a brand experience can be. It’s what inspired our tagline, “Be extraordinary.” And it’s what gets us out of bed every day.
We believe in you too
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our delightful diversity and get joy out of seeing our impact on people. Most of all, we believe in each other and love growing our Jack family.
That brings us to you.
As a technical director, you will divides your time between managing projects and working to secure new business opportunities. Including interrogating the brief, scoping the project and allocating the necessary resources and budget to bring the technical elements of creative ideas to fruition. With a confident approach and positive outlook, you’ll enable the producer and wider project team to deliver outstanding results.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare written proposals for pitch documents
- Contribute to winning creative pitches
- Work with creative production to achieve the best possible results within the available budget
- Budget control/management. To deliver to agreed financial targets and enhance margin
- Monitor construction of set items, including all mechanical staging elements, to ensure smooth running on site
- Continually review network of suppliers and crew to ensure the best possible service is provided
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to including all health and safety and fire regulations both internally and on site, to ensure the utmost safety of all personnel
- Develop on-going relationships with clients and exploit any opportunity to secure new business
- Continually research and discover new and innovative methods and mechanisms to use in implementing the ideas of the creative teams.
What you'll bring to Jack:
- You are highly organised
- You are detail focused
- You are great with people at all levels
- You are unfazed by tight deadlines and conflicting priorities and
- You remain calm and collected under pressure
- You are always a contributing team member
- You are a confident communicator and presenter
- You have extensive knowledge of other aspects of production
- You keep abreast of all technical innovation to provide clients with cutting-edge solutions and to promote new technology within the company
- You have a working knowledge of MS Office including Viso and Project
- You have an excellent working level with AutoCad
- You have a functional ability with Vectorworks
- You have an in depth understanding of IT networks used in production
- You have at least five years’ experience in technical production
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.