Latest jobs at Jack
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Jack Morton’s Detroit office is seeking a dynamic Multicultural Strategist to join our team and focus on bridging the gap between strategy and culture. This Strategic Planner will build relationships with and help to educate stakeholders about multicultural audiences and best practices to ensure meaningful, consistent and credible client connections are made across multiple marketing channels. Our ideal Strategic Planner is knowledgeable of the trends facing diverse audiences and will utilize a variety of data sources to tell compelling, multi-dimensional stories that help inform Brand Experience strategy. Someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment will be most successful in this role.
Additional duties may include client presentations, and any other activity required to deliver exceptional, insightful strategic advice to our internal and external clients.
Here’s the job:
- Distills insights from multiple data sources, synthesizing key findings into a clear, compelling story that helps inform Brand Experience strategy
- Uses knowledge of marketing, consumer behavior and business practices to understand and analyze current client opportunities
- “Simple is the most complex thing we do”. Makes complex ideas or scenarios clear, simple and understandable. Assemble ideas, issues and observations into compelling strategic stories for client presentations and strategic POVs
- Able to communicate and to tell a story verbally with impact. Able to break down complex ideas into understandable explanations and present ideas with a confidence and a passion that influences a decision maker
- Facilitates and socializes learning and best practices across organization
- Conduct research on audiences, lifestyles and competitive marketplace to ensure programs are targeted effectively
- Participate in creative brainstorming and evaluation of ideas against client objectives
- Represent strategic POV in client meetings
- Supports day to day operations of the Strategy group
How you can support our culture:
- You enjoy and succeed at working REALLY well with others
- You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment
- You take your work seriously, have fun doing it and bring energy to a team
What we require:
- 4-6 years of strategic planning, consumer intelligence or similar experience
- Multicultural marketing experience required
- Innate curiosity and desire to understand what motivates people
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Client service mindset, strong attention to detail and commitment to "doing what it takes" to deliver quality work on time
- Strong collaborator and able to manage others or work independently
- Experience maintaining internal and external client relationships
- Familiarity with using third-party data services
- Agency, sponsorship or experiential planning experience is preferred
- Sponsorship experience a plus
- Proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.