Latest jobs at Jack
Chicago, Illinois, United States
A Senior Strategist drives the strategic planning process to deliver on clients’ efforts to launch, align, engage and build business and brands. They are, directly responsible for forming the strategic direction and creative briefings to kick off and guide extraordinary agency work. A Senior Strategist pushes the envelope to inspire the development of big ideas, and is a critical, client-facing role. Senior strategists are accountable for strategy as well as the integrity and measurement of ideas, from start to execution, on RFPs and on live projects.
This strategy role is one of leading and doing. You will develop innovative and effective strategic insights, but also roll up your sleeves in creative reviews, writing briefs, developing communications plans, setting KPIs, and analysing metrics for program recaps. This is someone who loves to learn and will work across a wide range of clients and projects – must be as comfortable leading a healthcare/pharma or CPG client as a technology or food/hospitality brand. Event/experiential background is a plus.
- Build brands and business for accounts by proactively bringing new ideas forward to clients and to Jack teams
- Owns strategy development and often has responsibility for the Ideas component, throughout pitches or client work, to deliver compelling strategic stories that sell
- Provide sought-after expertise in one or more of our delivery platforms: launch, align, engage and build with understanding and competence in all
Extract Fresh Insights
- Lead strategic design from both quantitative and qualitative approaches to drive a creative foundation, big ideas and brand growth
- Turn data and information into original brand stories/ ideas that excite clients and deliver brand results
- Identify new sources of information that provide teams with trends, market analysis and relevant points of view that will enhance our ability to meet client needs
- Enhance Jack’s thought capital by participating in the agency blog, assisting in POV’s for client work, collaborating with marketing
- Lead the development of a creative brief, articulating key insights and a clear point of view
- Command a presence with senior clients, successfully influencing them to think big
- Create white papers and participate in speaking engagements to elevate Jack Morton’s visibility in the marketplace
Build Effective Relationships
- Collaborate with creative and account teams to ensure effective connections through all agency disciplines relative to client work
- Serve as a trusted advisor at senior levels internally and externally
- Culture is important at Jack Morton – exemplifying passion, agility, and respect is the Jack Morton way.
- Train and mentor junior talent to develop future idea leaders
- Participate in the hiring of new team members to build the strategy teams capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree across various liberal arts and business disciplines; Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years in a strategic role in a creative agency or management consulting environment
- 8+ years strategic experience developing insights, identifying cultural trends, and inspiring big ideas that travel across channels
- Ability to collect, read, analyse, interpret & synthesis information from a variety of sources and develop strategic insights and points of view
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstration of key competencies: accountability for results, client focus, team effectiveness, developing others, creative thinking
- Experience working in healthcare/pharma is required
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.