Latest jobs at Jack
Strategic Planner - Brand Experience
Detroit, Michigan, United States
This is a role that blends equal parts art and science. The Strategic Planner will be responsible for identifying trends in consumer data from various sources and will act as an insight aggregator and distributor, as well as an internal evangelist for consumer insight. Additional duties may include client presentations, and any other activity required to deliver exceptional, insightful strategic advice to our internal and external clients.
Here’s the job:
- Distills insights from multiple data sources, synthesizing key findings into a clear, compelling story that helps inform Brand Experience strategy
- Uses knowledge of marketing, consumer behavior and business practices to understand and analyze current client opportunities
- “Simple is the most complex thing we do”. Makes complex ideas or scenarios clear, simple and understandable. Assemble ideas, issues and observations into compelling strategic stories for client presentations and strategic POVs
- Able to communicate and to tell a story verbally with impact. Able to break down complex ideas into understandable explanations and present ideas with a confidence and a passion that influences a decision maker
- Facilitates and socializes learning and best practices across organization
- Conduct research on audiences, lifestyles and competitive marketplace to ensure programs are targeted effectively
- Participate in creative brainstorming and evaluation of ideas against client objectives
- Represent strategic POV in client meetings
- Supports day to day operations of the Strategy group
How you can support our culture:
- You enjoy and succeed at working REALLY well with others
- You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment
- You take your work seriously, have fun doing it and bring energy to a team
What we require:
- 4-6 years of strategic planning, consumer intelligence or similar experience
- Multi-cultural marketing experience required
- Innate curiosity and desire to understand what motivates people
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Client service mind-set, strong attention to detail and commitment to "doing what it takes" to deliver quality work on time
- Strong collaborator and able to manage others or work independently
- Experience maintaining internal and external client relationships
- Familiarity with using third-party data services
- Agency, sponsorship or experiential planning experience is preferred
- Sponsorship experience a plus
- Proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.