Latest jobs at Jack
Virtual and Live Events Technologist
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Jack Morton has an opening on our technology team for a Virtual and Live Events Technologist. This new and exciting role work with our broader team to facilitate the use of technology to make connections and create experiences for our audiences and clients.
Here’s the job:
Virtual Event Platform Management
- Participation in the full Virtual Event production lifecycle, including:
- Gathering project requirements
- Vetting and participating in the selection of platform based on gathered requirements,
- Site production via web content management system, HTML and CSS
- Quality assurance of content functionality
Live, Web meeting and broadcast technical support
- Application support for various meeting and webinar products (Teams, Zoom, GoTo, etc)
- Systems support for network and internet-based broadcasting and streaming
- Live event computer, networking and audio-visual support
Digital Project Management
- Assist in full life cycle of consumer facing digital promotions, including:
- Site Ideation
- Quality Testing
How you can support our culture:
- You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment
- You’re comfortable with all aspects of technology - you may not know all the details of a system/platform – but are proactive and positive in learning them as needed
- You’re a “techy”, but you are customer service oriented and work really well within a team
What we require:
- Exceptional active listening, critical thinking, problem-solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of network infrastructures – Routers, Switches, Firewalls, TCP/IP and VOIP technologies.
- Second level networking and systems support for Mac and PC as well as mobile and connected devices
- Experience using web content management systems including creating and editing of content using basic HTML coding, CSS etc
- A strong knowledge of content streaming platforms, including Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Facebook Live, etc
- Collaborative, positive attitude with a strong team ethic
- Digital project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience it the following a plus:
- Live event planning and management
- Database administration
- Digital content production – photo, video, broadcasting
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.