Culture & Careers
Interested in working at Jack? Good. We’re hiring. Come back often and keep in touch.
Latest jobs ( view all )
Detroit, Michigan, United States
This role is responsible for assisting with day to day general legal issues. Primary focus is reviewing and drafting regional and national promotional agreements for experiential and marketing services and related documents to ensure clarity, legal compliance, best business practices and, where applicable, compliance with policies of our client.
What does a Contract Administrator do?
- Serve as strategic partner and trusted legal and compliance advisor to our Legal clients and our Agency account teams
- Contract Administration Team ensures timely, accurate processing of all agreements.
- Review, draft, and negotiate promotional, sweepstakes, personal services, and product placement agreements on behalf of our client.
- Draft agreement templates, as necessary.
- Daily interaction with the account teams, evaluation staff, and, as necessary, third-party promoters.
- Ensure marketing programs follow best business practices and comply with legal standards and client policies and processes.
- Assist employees with understanding legal and insurance issues and agreements.
- Act as a resource and advisor for sponsorship and procurement contract negotiations as requested.
- Assist Production Services with Vendor agreements and issues
- Be knowledgeable of the law concerning copyrights and trademarks, FTC and FCC guidelines for marketing and advertising (including social media), chance promotion and indemnity.
How you can support our culture:
- You enjoy and succeed at working REALLY well with others
- You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment
- You take your work seriously – but not yourself
What we require:
- 2-10 years of related legal experience preferred
- Licensed attorney required
- Experience working at or with marketing services agencies engaged in the development of advertising and/or promotional materials and contracts
- Experience with contract administration – writing, reviewing, editing
- Experience with legal issues concerning social media, sweepstakes, trademarks, indemnity/insurance highly preferred
- Strong client management skills
- Highly organized and extremely detail oriented, extremely strong writing skills
- Ability to constantly manage and prioritize multiple programs
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Corporate office is in Detroit; Open to applicants in the Chicago metro area as well
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.